Service Manager - Coastline Equipment (John Deere)Posted on: Dec 29, 2021
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Service Manager for our North Las Vegas, NV location.
Manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment by optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Creates annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives
- Monitors Service Department marketing plan monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Coordinates customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events
- Submits all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
- 3+ years experience in Service Department operations
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma or GED. Post high school education preferred.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions along with EQUIP, Service Admin Portal and Service Delivery
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Vacation & Sick
- Paid Holidays
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Possess physical ability to perform phone conversations (normal speaking and hearing)
- Climb safely on and off machine and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Should be able to work in office environment in moderate noise.
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.