Production Class Equipment (PCE) SpecialistPosted on: Oct 11, 2021
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Production Class Equipment (PCE) Specialist to join our team.
Title: Production Class Equipment (PCE) Specialist
Reports to: Corporate Sales Director
The Production Class Equipment (PCE) Specialist for John Deere Dealers has responsibilities including, but not limited to the following bullets below. The candidate will be required to specify and recommend John Deere Production Class Equipment and technology solutions, as well as understand competitive offerings for the customer’s operation. Experience in sales and business development in construction, quarry, aggregate, mining, crushing, screening, as well as pipeline or other mass excavation industries, strongly preferred.
Develop and increase John Deere Production Class Equipment (PCE) business / sales across Area of Responsibility.
Duties / Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Manage / coordinate the relationship between sales, service, rental, parts, and the PCE customer
- Successfully engage three key stakeholders in PCE purchasing (operator level, support level, and ownership level) to specify and recommend machine and technology solutions for PCE customers
- Develop a PCE sales handbook across the dealership to build the sales story. Selling to a quarry or asphalt plant? What tonnage are you looking for? Bank loading or stockpile? Competitors on the deal? Build the repository to increase knowledge of the business for sales professionals to gain confidence, participation, and closure
- Drive sales and PCE expertise downward through the organization
- Develop target and prospective customers as potential sales leads
- Support the sales team in direct customer calls and visits to PCE customers
- Identify market trends and changing customer requirements
Lead effective PCE demonstrations of John Deere equipment to optimize performance with customers
- Ensure technology utilization: automation, SmartGradeTM, and JDLinkTM
- Provide PCE technical sales and support assistance to the customer, dealer, and sales team, where required
- Ensure dealership processes are in place to properly monitor and maintain machine health
- Travel approximately 70% to engage directly with prospective customers, solicit orders, and build customer relationships that generate sales demand
- Engage in industry relationships through construction, mining, and mineral trade associations
- Submit weekly and monthly management reports
Education and/or Experience and Skills Required
- 3+ years of direct experience working with construction, quarry, and / or mining industries focused in the areas of sales and support of heavy construction or other related equipment
- Proven sales, negotiation, and communication skills and effective soft skills of knowing not only what to say as well as how to communicate with customers in industries which have Production Class Equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Build relationships internally and externally and understand and interpret the needs of those key stakeholders
- Detail oriented with a proven ability for workload management and prioritization
- Works well both collaboratively and independently
Relationships and Roles
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays