Parts Counter SalesPosted on: Jan 08, 2021
'To be considered for this position, please attach your updated resume with the application.'
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Parts Counter Sales for our Sylmar, California location.
- Quickly establish rapport and relationship with customers.
- Provides quality customer experience through knowledge, use of systems, and process execution.
- Provides parts recommendations including alternatives that meet customers’ needs.
- Fulfills online orders in timely manner and places in will call area.
- Effective use of computer applications including Sales Manual, JD Parts®, Parts Expert®, JD Point®, PartsAdvisor®, barcode system and Dealer Business System.
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining professional showroom image and merchandise displays.
- Maintains inventory integrity by verifying receipting-in of shipments and assisting with placing parts orders in their proper inventory locations; assisting in cycle counts; following up on inventory discrepancies and expediting issues by reporting to the Parts Sales Lead.
- Assists in keeping parts department clean and orderly.
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools and equipment in good working order.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company?sponsored training, to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Ensure that company’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with company Core Values.
- Safely operate a forklift and other related equipment as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of John Deere equipment and competitors (Preferred).
- Possess good communication skills – oral and written.
- Demonstrate occupational professionalism when dealing with customers and sales staff.
- Understands basic selling processes.
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills and experience utilizing basic computer programs, for example Microsoft based products.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team setting.
- Experience with software, computers and office equipment.
- Possess valid driver’s license with excellent driving record; minimum of 25 years of age due to insurance requirements.
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.