John Deere Tech Training ProgramPosted on: Feb 26, 2024
Coastline Equipment is a John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho. We are looking for qualified students for enrollment into our John Deere Technician Training Program for Multiple Locations (Long Beach, Meridian, North Las Vegas, Jerome, Santa Maria, Oxnard, Bakersfield).
Participate in on-the-job training and work to obtain a two-year associate degree. The John Deere Diesel Tech program at Linn Benton Community College focuses on the fundamentals and key technical concepts to become effective service technician. Graduate from the program and become certified in John Deere’s three core areas of service: Electrical, Hydraulics and Service Advisor. The program develops the technical competency and professional attributes of students to prepare graduates for high-paying and rewarding careers as a John Deere construction equipment technician. The program begins fall quarter of each year. The total program is designed to be completed in six quarters. Each specialized subject is studied in the classroom and laboratory on campus. Cooperative Work Experience (internships) is also included in the curriculum. Students are selected to participate in the Construction and Forestry Equipment Technology program through an interview process at your local Coastline Equipment dealership. Selected students will receive assistance with tuition and books from the sponsor dealership. Click the link below for more details.
- Complete two years of instructor-led classroom and lab training at a John Deere Tech School and meet minimum GPA requirements while participating in the program
- Complete a minimum of two internships at the dealership
- Obtain certification in Electrical, Hydraulics and Service Advisor training
- Complete the total number of John Deere University credits as required
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Complete all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments including electronically
- Assist senior technicians as needed
- Perform basic service tasks as assigned
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Account for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
- Develop skills in removal, disassembly, and reconditioning of components
- May perform pre-delivery set-up and inspection on new equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain minimum required GPA* (based on specific school for requirements)
- Interest in learning methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of outdoor power equipment/agricultural equipment
- Fundamental knowledge of engines, hydraulics, power-trains, air-conditioning, and electrical systems as they apply to machines marketed by the dealership
- Ability to read, write, and speak effectively with customers and/or other employees
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Must be able to complete certification paths on John Deere University
- Forklift operator certification by Bragg Safety department required
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma. Must be able to provide high school transcripts.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Physically able to work on heavy/diesel equipment.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Will be required to work in settings with extreme cold or extreme heat, depending on time of year.
- Prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, crawling, or climbing ladders.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Wage: Cooperative Work Experience: $15.50/hr. Employment upon completion of program: $31.00/hr.
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.