Corporate Service Manager - Long Beach, CAPosted on: Aug 21, 2020
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Corporate Service Manager for our Corporate Headquarters in Long Beach, CA.
- Creates annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational goals
- Works with Corporate Aftermarket/Service Manager, Corporate Parts Manager and Marketing to develop an Aftermarket sales and marketing plan
- Leads the execution of Service department marketing plan and sales tactics, monitors regularly to ensure achievement of organizational goals
- Develops, communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Identify and drive continuous service process improvements
- Identify new opportunities and develop actionable plans grow service and parts sales
- Identify and improve operational effectiveness of facilities, mobile vehicles, other assets
- Prepares and analyzes Service department reports; uses data to help drive improvement and growth
- Manages recruiting, staffing, and employee development activities for Service Managers and Techs
- Resource for Service Managers to help resolve work order issues and customer complaints
- Proactively seek and participate in available company?sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Ensure that company’s reputation and image in the community is consistent with company Core Values
- Responsible for delivering high level customer experience
- Work extended hours and weekends as necessary
- Labor performance of the service locations is 85% or greater
- Service Profitability meets or exceeds the established goals for your region
- Achieves 50% or greater service absorption factor
- 5+ years of experience in Service Department operations
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet based functions
- Strong communication skills with customers and direct reports
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Ability to lead teams and hold people accountable
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Strong understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Vacation & Sick
- Paid Holidays
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Possess physical ability to perform phone conversations (normal speaking and hearing)
- Climb safely on and off machine and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Should be able to work in office environment in moderate noise.
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.