Compact Construction Equipment Sales RepresentativePosted on: Aug 21, 2023
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Compact Construction Equipment Sales Rep to join our team in Long Beach, CA.
The Compact Construction Equipment Sales Representative is responsible for developing prospects and delivering sales of Compact Construction Equipment in a defined territory. Responsibilities include planning and delivering sales of Compact Construction Equipment including Skid Steers, Compact Track Loaders, Mini-Excavators, and Compact Wheel Loaders. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 1 year construction or agriculture equipment experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred. We offer competitive wages and benefits in a good working environment.
Essential Job Duties
- Communicates with current prospects and new prospects for sales; plan sales calls and make sales presentations.
- Quotes and negotiates prices and credit terms, preparing contracts and monitoring accounts.
- Maintains product knowledge and provides great customer service and technical assistance as needed.
- Maintains regular communications with customers and prospects, building relationships and increasing brand recognition.
- Attends and presents at demonstrations, open house programs, exhibits, and industry meetings.
- Maintains sales management information and prepares reports on business trends and call activity.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience in construction equipment and/or agricultural equipment experience.
- Knowledge of construction machine operation and application and ability to demonstrate key product features and benefits to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with ability to satisfactorily resolve customer concerns.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to drive and travel in a vehicle.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and Safety Program and Company Core Values.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all customers, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Salary: $38,400 + Commission
EEOC STATEMENT: Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.