Territory Sales RepresentativePosted on: Jul 09, 2021
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Construction and Forestry Sales Rep for our Long Beach, CA location, supporting Los Angeles, CA.
Sells new and used construction equipment to new and existing customers.
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area.
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership.
- Monitors competitive activity/products and works with management to proactively target customers.
- Maintains all customer information in assigned territory for sales management using a CRM.
- Understands the sales process and posses the ability to move through the different stages.
- Maintains all assigned equipment and company vehicle.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of customer events.
- Ability to communicate effectively to perform new equipment field demonstrations.
- Works to create a partnership with customer’s business
- Maintains current knowledge of programs and financing to assist in the selling of new and used equipment
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) preferred
- Resides in Los Angeles County Preferred.
- 2+ years equipment sales experience or territory-based selling.
- Knowledge of construction Industry and operational practices.
- Ability to use IOS platform and Microsoft applications such as excel, word, etc…
- Familiarity with using a CRM system
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 25 to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
Wage: Base + Commission
'To be considered for this position, please attach your resume with your application.'
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.