Service Writer - Coastline Equipment (John Deere)Posted on: Jan 08, 2021
'To be considered for this role, please attach your updated resume with the application'.
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Service Writer for our Las Vegas, Nevada location.
Assist the service manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership.
- Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department
- Opens work orders as directed by the Service Manager and maintains control until they are closed and invoiced
- Maintains the service library with current information (for example, files bulletins, manuals, multi-media, etc.) under the direct supervision of the Service Manager
- Maintains Service Department filing and records
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders
- Maintains accessories and supplies and prepares replacement orders
- May prepare Service Technician efficiency reports, monitors and records technician time as required and reviews lost time report.
- May process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms
- High School Diploma
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Authorized to work in US.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.