Rental ManagerPosted on: Aug 03, 2023
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Rental Manager for our Bakersfield, CA location.
Manages Rental operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment by optimizing Rental Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Coaching and leading Rental Development team to secure rental deals, grow the business and achieve year-over-year growth (preliminary duties include, but not limited to,
- Along with Rental Developer, develop plans to grow business and drive increases in revenue
- 1:1 Reviews to monitor individual progress regularly (monthly at a minimum), continue to develop strategies to drive growth or to overcome challenges to meeting sales targets
- Conduct weekly meetings with Rental Developers to review Handle
- Assist with territory management and sales call planning
- Meet monthly with Rental Developers and Branch Manager (Rental Meeting) to review financials, discuss relevant topics, best practices, customer issues, etc.
- Maintain dispatch office during normal business hours, acting as primary Dispatcher, discussing coverage strategy with Branch Manager when Dispatcher coverage is needed
- Scheduling Drivers and organizing daily dispatch of all equipment on a normal and emergency basis
- Assists with New, RF, and Used equipment deliveries/transfers providing paperwork to the sales department for processing as needed
- Maintain customer relationships via phone, email, and in-person; making additions cancellations, and changes regarding equipment and attachment locations when moved between branches.
- Establish new rental and sales accounts by providing exceptional customer service to call-in and walk-in customers
- Seek to understand customer needs and suggest equipment to meet those needs
- Ensure accuracy of rental contraction information
- Monitor and maintain minimum insurance requirements and update the system with current customer information
- Determines equipment availability for rentals and performs inventory control processes
- Monitors equipment for damage and ensures that equipment is delivered to and received from customers in proper working order; monitoring hours and scheduling preventative maintenance with Service Department
- Follows proper credit policies and cash account procedures; files preliminary lein notices as required per company policy
- Process rental quotations, reservations, contracts, and invoices in compliance with company policies
- Taking lead on any projects as requested/assigned
- Additional duties/responsibilities as needed to support branch and/or as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years’ experience in Rental Department operations.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Rental Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 25 to apply.
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customers, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Health, dental, vision
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off
Salary: $80,000-$90,000 per year