Field Service Technician - Santa Maria, CAPosted on: Aug 13, 2020
A qualified field service technician Independently performs complex on-site diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned construction equipment and compact equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Service Location Manager, or Shop Foreman.
- Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on construction and compact construction equipment
- Participates in required Service EDUCATE Training programs
- Supports customer clinics
- Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order
- May promote and sell dealer service programs directly to customers
- May establish and implement effective stocking processes with the Parts Department to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory in the vehicle
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, trailer, inventory, tools and equipment
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Drivers License) preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of construction or compact equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Advanced or Master Service Technician certification preferred
- Fork lift license preferred
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions along with EQUIP, Service Admin Portal and Service Delivery
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
(As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment)
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Vacation & Sick
- Paid Holidays
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Possess physical ability to perform phone conversations (normal speaking and hearing)
- Climb safely on and off machine and lift at least 75 pounds.
- Should be able to work in office environment in moderate noise.
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.