Field Service Technician - Las Vegas, NVPosted on: Jan 11, 2021
'To be considered for this position, please attach your updated resume.'
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Field Service Technician for our Las Vegas, Nevada location.
- Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on Wirtgen and John Deere construction equipment
- Participates in required Service EDUCATE Training programs
- Supports customer clinics
- Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work order
- May promote and sell dealer service programs directly to customers
- May establish and implement effective stocking processes with the Parts Department to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory in the vehicle
- Maintains current knowledge of Wirtgen and John Deere, along with competitive products
- Maintains condition of mobile service vehicle, trailer, inventory, tools and equipment
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Service manager or Branch Manager.
- 5+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Valid driver's license (Commercial License preferred)
- Knowledge of John Deere equipment and competitors
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following technical manual procedures
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of Wirtgen or construction equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Advanced or Master Service Technician certification preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates Degree preferred
- Forklift license preferred.
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.