Class A Delivery Driver - Long Beach, CAPosted on: Jun 09, 2020
Operates haul truck vehicles to transport construction equipment for the dealership. Operating skills to load and unload construction equipment.
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Class A Delivery Driver for our Long Beach, CA location.
- Transports Heavy equipment to/from customers jobsites and/or between Coastline dealer facilities
- Supports the sales and service department with equipment delivery and pickup as directed
- Maintains records of pickup and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts
- Maintains all required certifications in line with DOT, OSHA and company policy
- Accounts for all time and for all distance traveled in performing assigned duties. Knowledge of truck log books to be completed.
- Maintain assigned trucks and related equipment in good operating condition
- Good Communication skills in working with customers on jobsites and customer offices.
- Able to work early am hours for delivery of equipment to jobsite as required by customers.
- 1+ years experience as semi-trailer truck operator
- CDL License / Class A required
- Mechanical skills of haul truck pre-trip requirements.
- Ability to lift items weighing upwards to 75 lbs. Proper chaining down of construction equipment on deck of truck.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Rollback truck experience preferred.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Vacation & Sick
- Paid Holidays
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Possess physical ability to perform phone conversations (normal speaking and hearing)
- Climb safely on and off machine and lift at least 75 pounds.
- Should be able to work in office environment in moderate noise.
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.