CDL Class A Delivery DriverPosted on: Apr 11, 2021
'To be considered for this position you must attach a resume'
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Class A Driver for our Long Beach, CA location.
- Operates haul truck vehicles to transport construction equipment for the dealership.
- Operating skills to load and unload construction equipment
- Transports Heavy equipment to/from customers jobsites and/or between Coastline dealer facilities
- Supports the sales and service department with equipment delivery and pickup as directed
- Maintains records of pickup and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts
- Maintains all required certifications in line with DOT, OSHA and company policy
- Accounts for all time and for all distance traveled in performing assigned duties. Knowledge of truck log books to be completed.
- Maintain assigned trucks and related equipment in good operating condition
- Good Communication skills in working with customers on jobsites and customer offices.
- Able to work early am hours for delivery of equipment to jobsite as required by customers.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 1+ years experience as semi-trailer truck operator
- CDL License / Class A required
- Rollback truck experience
- Mechanical skills of haul truck pre-trip requirements.
- Ability to lift items weighing upwards to 75 lbs. Proper chaining down of construction equipment on deck of truck.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
Relationships and Roles:
- Promotes and always embraces company Core Values.
- Sets an example in areas of personal character, commitment, organization and operational skills, work habits and company’s Safety Program.
- Must promote professional appearance demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all customer, company employees and company managers in a professional manner always.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 25 to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.